- 40 paylines
- Interesting Stacked Wilds feature
- High chance of winning
- Outdated graphics
- Only 1 bonus game
Theme and Graphics of Wolf Run Slot
With the Wolves Theme, the graphics of the Wolf Fun slot are dated by the modern day's standard but they still have a certain charm. Placing at the back is a snowy mountain scenery in broad daylight, which is completely opposite with the full moon background in the slot window. They all harmonize perfectly with the simplicity of the soundtrack. However, if you have played other slots from IGT, you will soon realize the similarities between those games as IGT are not well-known for their creativity in graphics. Putting that aside, this slot game deserves a place in your gaming gallery.
RTP, Variance & Technical Data
In this section, I’m going to give you a brief rundown about how Wolf Run works. Those include Return to Player, variance, betting range, payout, etc. and they are all important factors to the game.
Return to Player and Variance
The RTP of this IGT slot is designed to be 94.98%, about the same as the industry standards for this category. With a low to med volatility, this game caters to most casual players but not for those risk-seeking gamers, as there are no extremely tempting rewards to achieve.
However, if you want to challenge yourself with high volatility games, you can play other free online slots of NetEnt such as Vikings.
Betting Range and Payline
This slot has 5 reels, 4 rows, and 40 paylines. You can choose to bet all the paylines, or just 1 only. The betting per line can also be changed from 1 to a maximum of 300 credits, making the highest total bet of 12,000 credits.
The maximum payout you can get is 40,000 times your stake when you fill the board with all Wild symbols. It may seem impossible but that’s totally doable if you are lucky enough.
This nature-themed slot has 12 kinds of symbols: 10 normal symbols and 2 special ones. Their paytable is described as follow:
- Wild Wolf: Pays 1000 times your stake for 5 per payline
- Black Wolf: Pays 400 times your stake for 5 per payline
- White Wolf: Pays 400 times your stake for 5 per payline
- Two sets of idol: Pay 250 times your stake for 5 per payline
- Card Suit symbols: Pay 100 to 150 times your stake for 5 per payline.
Where Can You Play for Free?
Wolf Run first gained popularity in the land-based casinos of Las Vegas. It’s a classic by IGT provider that sets on a staggering snow-covered mountain landscape and features some big, white, and scary wolves that can jump on you at any moment. In this review, I will give you everything you need to know about the slot game, as well as some tips on playing this game. Stay tuned!
The first impression does matter. At CasinoMentor, you may have to try out the game on your own before fully understanding all the features of this slot. The free online version is available for you right here on this page. Just navigate to the top page and click on the Play button to enter the game. You can play this slot as long as you want and when you finish, please continue to read through the rest of this review.
How to Play?
The gameplay is fairly simple. There are a few things that you need to remember:
- You can choose to play with 1 payline only or all 40 paylines at the same time by changing the number in the Lines box.
- To the right of the Lines box is the Line Bet, in which you can adjust the amount of stake per line that suits you the most. Risk-averse players may want to keep it low, while the risk-seeking spinners who long for big wins will prefer the higher betting value.
- The circular shape in the middle of the options bar is the Spin/Skip button. Here you can manually spin the reels at your own speed, or skip the animation after each win.
- The box on the far right of the options bar is the information table, which is represented by the letter “i”. This table will provide more detail about the base game and the free spins bonus winning combinations, the shape of each payline, and the rules of the game.
- There is no Autoplay function in this game, or at least in this version. Nevertheless, spinning the reel manually has its own charm.
In-Game Bonus Features
The game boasts two special features: stacked wilds and free spins. While the free spins may seem a bit tricky to get with only a few spins given, the stacked wilds, on the other hand, is the spotlight of this game.
Stacked Wilds Feature
The Wild symbol of the Wolf Run is illustrated by the picture of a wolf howling at the moon. This symbol comes with the stacked feature, meaning that most of the time, all the Wild Wolfs land on top of each other to create a higher winning chance. Furthermore, the Stacked Wilds can appear on all reels, which makes the game more fascinating.
Another interesting point is that the Wild Wolf is also the symbol with the highest payout (up to 1000 times your stake); thus you can get some substantial cash if you land a few of those stacks in one spin.
Free Spins Bonus
As I mentioned above, the free spins bonus is hard to get. You will need 3 Bonus symbols on reels 2, 3, and 4 respectively to trigger the free spins bonus game. The given spins are not too generous also (5 spins for starter). However, you can collect some more during these rounds to a maximum of 255 free spins, which is a large, large number.
During the free spins rounds, the Wild Wolf will have a 2 times multiplier and you can earn some serious money here too.
All in all, the Wolf Run still has a few tricks up its sleeve despite its simple gameplay and dated graphics. High win rates, decent payout with interesting Stacked Wilds feature are what gamers seek in this slot. If you are a casual player who looks for some extra cash while having fun, the gaming product is the designed for you.