Best Online Casinos that Accept Paypal in 2022
Looking for a casino that accepts PayPal deposits and withdrawals? Check out our list of top PayPal casinos and pick the best casino website for you.
Some Highlights that You Should Know About PayPal
PayPal is one of the world's leading brands in online payment services. There are many companies and services in the world that accept this banking method. Therefore, the Igaming business is not an exception, many online casinos allow players at betting platforms to deposit and withdraw money conveniently and free of charge.
The PayPal system using leading security technologies is the reason why operators started using Paypal in transferring transactions from players. User's information will be fully encrypted to protect user's data and information.
In fact, PayPal online casinos are always appreciated for their credibility. For this reason, casinos that accept this payment method will always be considered for an upgrade in our scoring system.
In today's article, we have compiled a list of the most reputable betting platforms that accept this e-wallet for your reference. Plus, we'll also help you learn everything about PayPal, including its history, pros, cons, how to sign up for PayPal, and how to choose the best betting sites that offer payment options.
PayPal’s Developing History And Current Situation
PayPal was first launched in December 1998 under the name Confinity. The head of the company at that time was Max Levchin, Peter Thiel, Luke Nosek, and Ken Howery. At the time, Confinity was identified as an online money transfer business that help users to transfer money online.
The name PayPal was changed in 2001 after the successful deal with Elon Musk, the owner of X.com, an online banking company.
After its major changes in 2001 and also the leadership from Elon Murk. The company showed incredible growth in sales after its meager period of operation. In that situation, the executives decided to launch the IPO campaign for PayPal and put the company on the stock exchange in 2002. The campaign was a massive success as the company raised more than 60 million dollars when its shares appeared on the market for only 13 dollars.
Another massive success that PayPal made at that time was officially becoming eBay's payment method and operating under the management of eBay. The statistics showed that nearly 75% of eBay transactions are conducted through this e-wallet. Following the success, in 2012, this payment method marked the cooperation with Discover Card which allows Paypal to become the company's primary payment option and gives it access to Discover Card's massive customer network of 7 million stores worldwide.
Ten years after changing its name, PayPal gained more than 100 million user accounts and provided 25 different currencies to serve the transaction needs of customers.
In 2015, after a long time of operating under the management of eBay, PayPal announced its separation from the parent company and became an independent brand.
After becoming an independent brand, the company's biggest hit was its acquisition of iZettle from Sweden for $2.2 billion in 2018. PayPal then announced its new partner, Instagram, just a year later.
The peak of PayPal's success came in early 2021 when it was recognized as the first foreign operator to control the entire e-commerce market in China.
How We Rate PayPal Online Casinos
Safety and Security
The first thing that we consider with every banking method is safety and security. Most of the time, Paypal is completely safe. Standard data encryptions such as HTTPS connections are the norm with a company this size, so we will only discuss what are the interesting tweaks in our view. The payment data is encrypted and saved by PayPal and only the ID of that single button is known to the merchant. This means that if you use PayPal to deposit money into your casino account, no information regarding your credit card or banking account will be leaked. How safe is that?
Deposit and Withdraw
Being one of the most popular banking methods around the world to date, there is hardly anything to complain about the transaction speed of Paypal casinos. PayPal ensures that all payments are processed within seconds, so you won’t have to wait for hours after hours anymore. This e-wallet is also compatible with a plethora of credit cards, creating opportunities for gamers from most parts of the globe to enter the casino world.
The customer service is what makes us not happy about PayPal. Despite being one of the giants in the payment business, thousands of complaints can be found all over the Internet. We have tried to contact customer support about payment problems that we encountered, but the results were rarely good as they said the matters were out of their authority.
Which Country Allows PayPal Casinos?
It is hard to say whether a particular casino can be deposited or withdrawn using PayPal or not. It depends from casino to casino, thus you should contact customer support regarding the availability of PayPal in your country before making any transactions.
Some countries do not have access to the payment method. Those countries are mentioned below:
- United States
- North Korea
- The Central African Republic
How to Use PayPal in Online Casinos
PayPal is getting more and more popular in online casinos. However, there are still cases where players face some difficulties in using this payment method. Here is our simple guide on using PayPal at an online casino.
- You can set up an account using either the PayPal webpage or the application. You can download the application from the app store on your device for free. For both the website and the application the account setup method is basically the same.
- Click on the "Sign Up for Free" or “Sign Up" option. This will start the account creation process.
- Insert your email address and have a password developed. Ensure that you are using a strong password so no one else can view your financial data.
- Fill in your personal details in the form. You also require your legal name, address, and telephone number to register. To establish your profile all of this data is required.
- Use your credit or debit card. You will be asked to enter your credit or debit card after signing in your personal details. You may access this now or afterward but you will need to verify your PayPal account at a certain point.
- Enter the information regarding your bank account. When you expect to receive money and want to be able to transfer it to your savings, you will need a related bank account. If you don't want to do that you don't have to do this now. Just click "I'll link my bank later" to skip it. You will be asked to indicate if you would like to miss the operation.
- Request for credit with PayPal. PayPal will ask you to sign up with a credit line before you're brought to the Details tab of your account. It is optional and you can thoroughly read all of the words before applying. Press "No thanks" if you choose not to request credit.
- After successfully registering a PayPal account
- You can go to your chosen casinos and choose PayPal as your preferred payment method.
- Specify the sum you want to deposit and proceed to the payment.
- After that, you will be transferred to the redirection page to confirm the deposits, it might take 1 minute to complete.
Note: It is important to note that there is no charge for Paypal deposits and withdrawals. Therefore, we usually highly recommend Paypal casinos to our players.
How to Make a Withdrawal Using PayPal
There are 2 ways to withdraw funds from your PayPal account:
- Standard bank transfer: You can link your bank account to PayPal, and transfer your PayPal balance to this bank account. Depending on your account, the fund will be delivered in 3 to 5 business days and a certain withdrawal fee will be charged. For more inquiries about available banks in your location and their respective fees, please check the Help page on PayPal or contact Customer support.
- Instant transfer using your debit card: You can transfer your PayPal balance to a verified Visa or Mastercard debit card that is connected to your PayPal account. If your card is eligible, the funds will be available within 30 minutes. You will see the fee amount any time you complete an instant transfer request.
Pros and Cons of Using PayPal Casinos
There are many advantages to using PayPal, and the most important is the universal coverage that many online casinos received with PayPal. The payment service is also easy to use for online gaming, as all transactions are processed within minutes. PayPal is such a convenient solution; the system is commonly used internationally, and you can even transfer money at a reasonable rate between currencies.
PayPal is an enormously successful business and has gained massive power in this sector. Currently, the e-wallet company does not provide any rewards benefits or cashback compensation program for intensive use of the service, but that is a very small drawback of online casinos with PayPal, and those put-offs can not be compared with all the major advantages that PayPal brought.
- The type of payment is embraced by many common and reputable casinos.
- A highly quick, simple, easy, and convenient process
- Available almost all over the world, at least in the major countries.
- Extremely safe, secure, and trustworthy services
- PayPal has a remarkable mobile phone application – very easy to use.
- A very active notification service where you receive instant notifications regarding any activity
- A strong security protocol that can automatically freeze your account in case anybody tries to tamper with it.
- Deposits and withdrawals can both be made with ease – this is a very handy feature compared to so many other money transfer services out there that only offer deposits mostly.
- It provides instant cash transfers.
- They do not offer any loyalty rewards or cashback reward schemes even though it is such a widely used service.
- PayPal acts as a middleman and requires you to wait for transactions to process through.
- You have to wait for your winnings to be cleared before you receive the money into your PayPal wallet.
- They will charge you some fees when you make your withdrawals when you are betting with PayPal. Your bank charges some of the fees, and PayPal can charge others.
How to Choose The Right Casino That Accepts Paypal Deposits
If you want to look for Paypal online casinos, this is the right guide for you. It is important to note that when you go to Paypal Casinos Category, our pre-set will be set automatically Paypal at the right sidebar.
Right on the front page, there are 4 options to choose to find your favorite casino that accepts PayPal.
First, we would recommend you to search our “Recommended” tab first because this section contains the most reliable PayPal casinos rated by our experts.
“Newly Opened” tab is the right place if you want to find some new online casinos accepting Bitcoin. This tab will include all below-3-years-old online casinos accepting Bitcoin.
The “All” tab brings you the widest choices to you because ir present all online casino in our database, however, it might take a while to find your suitable casinos.
Lastly, the 'Big brands' represents all highly credible and famous casino sites.
Besides our basic filters that are set up automatically for you, there are other filters that are presented at your right sidebar. They are:
- Licensing Filter: To find casinos attaining license from a specific authority
- Website Language Filter: To find casinos providing your preferred website language
- Customer Support Language: To find casinos providing your preferred support language
If you want to check the best bonuses and promotions, you can also navigate to our bonus list and apply 'PayPal' in the payment method filters.