Wizard of Oz
About game provider
Follow the Yellow Brick Road
“There’s no place like home…”, Dorothy mumbling as Aunt Em places a cold compress on her forehead. She then wakes up, as the memories of the Emerald City fade away and reality takes place. This is one of my favorite scenes in the classic movie The Wizard of Oz that I have watched countless times in my childhood. I haven’t got a chance to relive those memories since then until WMS Gaming decided to release the amazing Wizard of Oz slot, which is one of the best spin-offs I have played so far. Are you ready to take on the Wicked Witch? Immerse yourself in our Wizard of Oz free play, and start your adventure now!
RTP, Variance and Technical Data
As the tornado slowly disperses, you see yourself standing on a Yellow Brick Road beside your faithful companions. Which way will lead to the Emerald City? The answer lies in this section, as I will guide you through all the technical factors of Wizard of Oz. Hop on the carriage and enjoy the ride.
RTP and Variance
This Magic-themed slot has an RTP of 95.99%, 0.01% less than our golden standard. With every $100 at stake, players can receive a $95.99 cashback on average, which is very common in today's slots landscape. Bearing a low-medium volatility nature, this slot is filled with frequent small wins that will keep the bell ring all the time.
Betting Range and Paylines
There are 30 paylines available in the game, and you can choose to play with any number of lines between 1 and 30. The more paylines activated, the higher your chance at winning but it will also cost you more. The bet per line is on a larger scope, scaling from 0.01 to 5 with a 0.01 increment. The total wager will be the combination of those two variables, ranging from 0.01 to a maximum of 150 credits per spin.
I must tell you, there is a jackpot in Wizard of Oz, and it has the word “Jackpot“ on it. If you happen to collect all 5 icons across 5 reels, you will be rewarded with 10,000 times your stake, which is absurd for a low variance slot game like this. Wagering 5 credits for a chance to grasp the juicy 50,000 jackpot, how cool is that?
This slot has 2 sets of symbols: The ordinary one and the wicked one. I haven’t won any of those wicked symbols yet as they only appear in the Winged Monkey feature. However, the ordinary set has a fixed paytable as indicated below:
- The Jackpot: Pays 10,000 times your initial bet for 5 similar icons on any payline
- The Wizard of Oz Logo: Pays 1,000 times your initial bet for 5 similar icons on any payline
- Dorothy: Pays 750 times your initial bet for 5 similar icons on any payline
- The Trio: Pays 500 times your initial bet for 5 similar icons on any payline
- The Ruby Slippers, the Wicked Witch, and Toto the Dog: Pays 150 times your initial bet for 5 similar icons on any payline
- The Hot Air Balloon, the House, and the Tornado: Pays 100 times your initial bet for 5 similar icons on any payline
The payouts are so generous that you wish you had placed a bigger bet. And they are paid very often too. This is one of those things that make Wizard of Oz so exciting to play for me.
The Best Places to Play Wizard of Oz
Your trip to the Emerald City is long and tiring, with danger lurking on every corner of the road. Some will try to stand in your way, others will harm you and your companions. Choosing an online casino to play Wizard of Oz is by no means different. Fortunately, I have done some research and come up with a list of recommended best online casinos for you:
- Dunder Casino: 100% bonus up to £100; 120 bonus spins on sign up
- All British Casino: 10% cashback no restrictions; 100% up to £100 1st deposit
- Fun Casino: £123 welcome bonus for new players; 10% casino cashback
- Vegas Luck Casino: 100% up to £150 on 1st deposit
- No Bonus Casino: 10% casino cashback
- Yako Casino: 50% welcome bonus up to £222; 22 free spins on sign up
- Miami Dice Casino: 100% welcome bonus up to £300; 50 bonus spins on sign up
The above casinos have been tested and verified by the experts at CasinoMentor, thus you are welcome to give those platforms a try.
Treasures of the Emerald City
Finally, the gate to Emerald City lies in front of your eyes. The residents of Oz welcome you into the city and offer 3 types of treasures: The Wild, the Oz Pick, and the Wild Reel feature. You have one opportunity only, so choose wisely as you may never know what you have missed.
This slot logo acts as the Wild symbol in this game. Besides substituting other regular icons in a payline, the Wild has its own payout: 1,000 times your stake for 5 Wilds. Thus, you are prompt to win as long as there is a Wild on those reels.
The Wild Reel
Once in a while, the Good Witch Glinda will reveal herself and cast a spell, turning any number of reels into Wild Reels. You can even get all 5 Wild Reels for the maximum reward if you are on a lucky streak, but I doubt that will be the case.
The Oz Pick
The last feature of Wizard of Oz is the Oz Pick, which can only be triggered by collecting 3 Feature symbols on reels 1, 3, and 5. Once activated, you get to pick any of those 3 icons to get a reward at random: An instant prize, triggering the Winged Monkey feature, or the Road to Emerald City feature. Here comes the highlight of the show:
- Winged Monkey feature: Similar to the common Free Spins feature, you are given 8 initial spins, with a chance for additional 8 spins upon landing 3 Winged Monkey in one spin. If you land on the Wild during this session, several Winged Monkeys will come out and replace random symbols on the reels with Wild icons.
- Road to Emerald City feature: First, you have to pick from dozens of floating Emeralds, each one contains either an instant prize, a mini-game to recruit additional characters or a direct exit to the main bonus game. Inside the main game, you will get random prizes based on how many characters you have recruited.
At first, those features don’t seem too interesting, but the fact that they appear quite frequent is what made this slot amazing. With 10 credits bet, I happened to claim a massive 1,500 credits prize in the Winged Monkey feature. Truly outstanding, if I must say.
An Outstanding Performance
Wizard of Oz has fairly dated graphics, as the game was developed more than 10 years ago. However, the charm of this game lies in the animations, directly taken from the original film itself. How could you not be amazed when Dorothy, the tinman, scarecrow, and lion flashing before your eyes every time they contribute in a 4-or-more win? Or when the Wicked Witch and her Winged Monkeys flying across the screen in the Winged Monkeys feature? The audio also did an amazing job. Apart from the spinning and some in-game sound, all the other characters have their actual voice lines. WMS Gaming has outdone themselves with this title, in a truly splendid and amazing way.
There’s No Place Like Home
All in all, Wizard of Oz is a favorite among casino enthusiasts. The moments when Glinda magically appears and welcomes all to Oz land, or when the Wicked Witch laughs viciously and releases her evil henchmen have all captivated my heart, as well as the heart of many others. Whenever you are ready, the Yellow Brick Road will always be here and take you on the most exciting adventure of your life.
Frequently asked questions
Rated by 0 users
Share your opinion with the community. Maybe you can help someone.