Finn and the Swirly Spin Information
Finn and the Swirly Spin Game Review
- Colorful, cheerful, and fun gameplay
- Unique spiral reel with the avalanche feature
- 4 random bonus features
- 4 free spins features
- Low max win
Feel the Theme and Graphics of Finn and the Swirly Spin Slot
There is nothing to complain about this game, absolutely nothing. Finn and the Swirly Spin features everything you can imagine from the Irish culture: the graphics, the gameplay, the soundtrack, etc.
Let me start with the theme. All the icons in this game are related to the Irish folklore: from the leprechaun tootling on the side to the rainbow spreading across the sky at the back, even the playing symbols are from their belief in luck. You couldn’t help but feel the Irish beauty radiating out of this slot game.
The graphics and music are also wonderful. All of them are made in 3D with one of the finest qualities that I have ever seen in all the games I played. The tree blowing with the wind in the background really highlights the whole picture, as it moves faster and faster each time the key gets closer to the keyhole. Every time there is a big win, the screen shakes up, the leprechaun will play the flute quicker and leaves fall all over the place. How can you not fall in love with those little but charming details?
RTP, Variance & Technical Data
In this section, I’m going to reveal some relevant data about this game, including RTP, volatility, payout, paytable, etc. Without further ado, let’s get started.
Return to Player and Variance
Finn and the Swirly Spin has an RTP of 96.62%, slightly above the industry average. With a low to med volatility, this slot is suitable for most players, as the payouts are pretty frequent. But for those who love big wins and long for some serious excitement, this game may not be their preferred choice as the payouts are really low in value.
The line bet can be changed between 0.01 and 2.00, which are somewhat standard for the slot games nowadays. The bet level can also be adjusted between 1 and 10, making the total bet vary from $0.1 to $200. The betting range is set up like this so that it can fit the preference of most gamblers.
Paylines and Highest Payout
Finn and the Swirly Spin slot is a fairly strange slot game with a unique layout. It follows a swirling pattern, which means that there is only 1 reel theoretically. There is also no payline in this game, as every 3 similar symbols standing next to each other in a row or column will trigger a win. The highest payout, therefore, is low as well (only 500 times your stake for 5 identical symbols).
The payout of this game is described as below:
- The Diamond: Pays 500 times for 5 on the same line
- The Hazelnut: Pays 120 times for 5 on the same line
- The Horseshoe: Pays 100 times for 5 on the same line
- The Clover: Pays 80 times for 5 on the same line
- The Heart and the Spade: Pay 40 times for 5 on the same line
Since it’s very common to get a winning combination in this slot, the payout values must below as well.
Where Can You Play for Free?
Finn and the Swirly Spin Slot is a game like no other. From the creative software provider NetEnt, Finn and the Swirly Spin is filled with surprises that will sweep you off your feet the second you enter the game. I have been there, I know.
Here at CasinoMentor, I have prepared everything you need for your journey ahead. If you want to try out the Finn and the Swirly Spin demo version, simply navigate to the top page and click on the Play button. You will need plenty of time to figure out all the features of this slot game, I can guarantee you that. After having fun with the free play version, please continue with the rest of this review.
How to Play?
The gameplay in this slot game is identical to most of the slots from NetEnt, so I will explain this section briefly for you:
- The center of the options bar is the Spin button. Pressing this button will spin the reel, or roll the pattern in this case. You can press on the screen to skip the animation and save time.
- On the left of the Spin button is the Autoplay function. The number of auto spins can be chosen from 10 to 1000.
- On the right of the Spin button is the Max bet. Pressing Max bet will automatically set the betting level to 10.
- Next to the Autoplay button, on the left is the Bet level, changeable from 1 to 10.
- The Coin value on the right of the Max bet is used to set your preferable stake.
- The small box above the Coin value shows the number of keys that you have collected during this session.
In-Game Bonus Features
Here comes the highlights of the show. All the features of Finn and the Swirly Spin slot harmonize perfectly with each other, and there are at least 7 of them! I will categorize them into 5 groups and explain clearly in this section.
Every winning combination will be destroyed after calculating the payout, and those blocks will be replaced by the next symbol in-line.
This game does come with the Wild function, which symbolizes the shape of a star. Wild symbols appear when there is a winning combo with 3 or more similar figures (combo with Wild itself does not create another Wild). After the Wild symbol is triggered, it will explode and destroy 4 adjacent blocks.
Sticky Wild Feature
The Sticky Wild can only appear during the Lava Lair Free Spins. It functions the same as a regular Wild symbol, except that it cannot be destroyed and cannot destroy blocks around it.
One main attraction of the game is the Random features, which can be triggered when you least expect them. There are four types of Random:
- Starfall Wilds: When it happens, 2 or more Wild symbols will pop out and replace the blocks on the screen. If there is no winning combo afterward, another Wild will appear until at least 1 win is realized.
- Dragon Destroy: This Random can only be triggered if there is no winning combination on the screen beforehand. Dragon Destroy will randomly destroy a number of symbols to create the avalanche effect. It is created to ensure that a win is guaranteed after the avalanche.
- Irish Luck: The condition is the same as Dragon Destroy. A horizontal or vertical type of symbol (except Wild) is added to the reel, giving a guaranteed win.
- Magic Transform: This Random will transform all Heart and Spade symbols into a higher-paying one. The potential wins of this feature are great, however, there is no condition required.
Free Spins Bonuses
The other charm of Finn and the Swirly Spin slot is the Free Spins Bonuses. There are four types of Free Spins in correspondence with the Random Features. But first, you need to collect the keys by sending it to the center through avalanches. Each Free Spins game will need a certain amount of keys, from 1 to 16. I have to warn you, getting keys is a painful and frustrating process, but the rewards are so satisfying.
- The Star Bar: Requires 1 key to unlock. You will be awarded 7 free spins, each one will feature the Starfall Wilds Random.
- The Lava Lair: Requires 4 keys to unlock. You will get 3 free spins, together with the Sticky Wild and Dragon Destroy activated.
- Lucky Mug: Requires 9 keys to unlock. It features the Irish Luck and has 4 free spins rounds.
- Golden Pot: Requires 16 keys to unlock. There are only 2 free rounds in this game and it features the Magic Transform Random.
If you have played the Finn and the Swirly Spin demo version on our page, you will soon realize it is almost impossible to get to the last game. You may have to spend all your luck and effort on this slot, but the payoff will be so worth it.
Will there be a sack full of gold at the end of that rainbow? Hopefully. Finn and the Swirly Spin slot has shown the true potential of NetEnt, one of the greatest gaming providers in the world. The gameplay, the graphics, the music, they are all so marvelous and fascinating that will keep you entertained for hour after hour. I recommend all readers to give this slot game a shot, for Finn and the Swirly Spin may be the best NetEnt game for years to come.