Maestro is owned by Mastercard Incorporated which is an American multinational financial services company. Maestro was launched by Mastercard in 1991, in partnership with Europay International. They are obtained from associate banks and are linked to the cardholder's current account, while prepaid cards do not require a bank account to operate.
Maestro Casino by Country
Maestro is practically accepted everywhere, so you should encounter no problem in your country of residence. We have listed down some available countries that you may be interested in:
The United States: Maestro is one of the leading providers of financial services for online casinos on the US market. It's not at Mastercard level, but the success of Maestro-powered online casinos will compete with online casinos that accept American Express, for example.
The United Kingdom: After legalizing all forms of gambling, the UK is the haven for all casino lovers. Hence, Maestro users can rest assured that there will be no obstacle between them and their favorite e-payment methods.
Germany: German is known for their uncertainty towards gambling policies, however, the level of restriction differs from state to state. Luckily, Maestro is unaffected by any of those regulations, hence this is still a viable option if you want to invest in your casino hobby.
How We Rate Maestro
Safety and Security at Maestro Casinos
You don't need to worry about your purchases while playing at the Maestro casino, as a subsidiary of MasterCard, Maestro card users are given the same level of protection as the popular credit card. The Maestro card is protected by state-of-the-art authentication technologies and provides cardholders a MasterCard SecureCode to protect against unauthorized use of the card.
When a user's transaction is approved by his or her bank, any deposit made to a casino account is processed instantly and the player's account is updated in real-time. Normally, deposits into a casino account only take minutes to process. Withdrawals, on the other hand, are rarely that instantaneous. Depending on your bank and casino, withdrawals may take up to a few days to appear in your personal account.
As a branch from MasterCard, Maestro cardholders are entitled to services such as telephone support and email. However, since Maestro cards are not provided directly by MasterCard, it is advisable for Maestro card users to contact their local card supplier for any inquiries.
How to Deposit Using Maestro
After users have registered with the Maestro casino, they must choose Maestro as a banking option via the casino's cashier. They are then asked to fill out the standard form and apply their card information as they would when making any other online transactions, such as the card number, card name, expiry date, and CVV (the three-digit number on the back of the card). Users must then put in the amount they want to deposit into their casino account. Once the transaction is authorized, the deposit will appear on your account balance.
How to Withdraw Using Maestro
Being a debit-exclusive card, withdrawal using Maestro is not available in most casinos. Hence, players are advised to choose a different payment method that they prefer.
Pros & Cons of Using Maestro as a Payment Method
- Maestro is accepted by many international online casinos
- Maestro debit card payments can’t exceed the amount in your bank account
- Maestro prepaid cards are of a fixed value. This prevents users from overextending themselves
- Transactions are secure
- Deposits are usually immediately credited to the customer’s betting account
- Not all Maestro casinos allow the card to be used for withdrawals
- Some users may face small transaction fees
- It cannot be used in certain countries (including Brazil, China, Denmark, Greece, Iceland, and Ireland)
- Unless you set yourself a limit via your user account, you’ll still be able to bleed yourself dry
Step by Step: How to use Maestro for betting
First of all, we have to assume that you have a Maestro card, money in your bank account, and you have found a great Maestro bookmaker that is offering a valuable deposit bonus.
1. Sign in to your bookmaker.
2. Go to the “Banking” section and click on “Deposit”.
3. You will be asked for some basic information such as the deposit amount and promo code if necessary. Follow the instructions and select “Maestro” when you are asked for a payment method.
4. You will be asked to provide the card number and Secure Code among other things.
5. After a few more mouse clicks your transaction will be complete and your betting account should be instantly credited enabling you to start placing your wagers.
6. When the time comes for you to cash in your winnings you will log into your bookmaker account and go to the banking section.
7. After clicking on “Withdraw” you will enter some information as you did when you made the deposit.
8. Select “Maestro” when asked to pick a payment method and follow the easy instructions until the process is complete.
9. Make sure to keep a printed record of all transactions.
· Maestro is one of the cheapest payment methods available. Bookmakers usually do not charge any fees for deposits, but a few may charge a small fee for withdrawals. This depends on individual sportsbook.
· In many cases, Maestro deposits and withdrawals are free, but some Maestro users may incur a small fee for each transaction. Punters should check with their card provider for more information.
· Using Maestro for betting is very safe. Because the company is owned by Mastercard, users benefit from the same cutting-edge card technology that Mastercard users do.
· As with any other payment method, users need to take a few basic precautions such as keeping their PINs and card information private.