Blackjack hit and stand strategy is widely used to increase gamblers’ winning chances. Find out when and how to use each blackjack playing option and win big.
Hit and Stand are two blackjack playing options that every blackjack lover is quite familiar with when it comes to deciding which options should be used to win the game. However, to make use of these blackjack options, players should know best when to hit and when to stand to make their cards a good hand. This article will really help you with the hitting and standing strategy for hard hands and soft hands. Read on to figure out the blackjack hit and stand strategy.
If you are new to blackjack, you can take a look at the blackjack overview to know more about this exciting game.
What Are Hit and Stand Options and Their Rules?
Let’s revise the hit and stand options that blackjack fans regularly choose to use during the game. You should remember these highlights before knowing how to make full use of these options.
- When players decide to draw another card, they use the “Hit” option.
- If players assume that their hands can bust the dealer’s one and they need no more cards, they will decide to “Stand.”
- Both options can be used on any hand whose value is 21 or under.
- If you play at a land-based casino, you need to indicate that either you want to hit or stand. If you choose to play online blackjack, it is unnecessary for you to do that, just click the hit or stand button and enjoy your gambling adventure.
- A noteworthy point when players use the hit option is it can lead to a bust, or a total over 21, which no players want to happen during their game round. Once busting, players automatically lose their bets.
- If you wish to stand, you complete your hand for that round.
Hit and Stand Strategies for Hard hands vs. Soft hands
If you are new to blackjack, you may be confused about what a hard hand and a soft hand are.
- A hard hand does not consist of an Ace, or if it does, the Ace is counted as 1. For example, if you have a Q, a 7, and an Ace, you have a hard 20.
- A soft hand consists of an Ace that is counted as 11. If a player is dealt an Ace and 7, he has a soft 18.
Strategies for 4-deck to 8 deck blackjack and single deck blackjack can be written in text form:
Hit and Stand for 4-deck and 8 deck blackjack:
- If you have a hard 11 or under, you should always hit another card.
- You should stand when you get a hard 12, and the dealer’s up card is 4-6. Otherwise, you should hit.
- If you have a hard 13-16 and the dealer’s up card is 2-6, stand on the hand. Otherwise, do not hesitate to hit another card.
- When you hold a hard 17 or over, you should always stand.
- When you have a soft 17 or under, you should hit.
- If you have a soft 18, stand on the hand, but keep hitting when the dealer’s up card is either 9, 10, or Ace.
- Always stand on a soft 19 or more.
Hit and Stand for Single Deck Blackjack:
There are two scenarios: the dealer stands on soft 17 and the dealer hits on soft 17. According to that, there are different hit and stand strategies for players to apply when playing single deck blackjack.
The dealer stands on soft 17
- Always hit and when you have a hard 5-7.
- Always hit when you have a hard 8, except the dealer has a 5 or 6.
- If you have a hard 9, hit whenever the dealer’s card is either 7, 8, 9, 10 or Ace.
- If you have a hard 10, hit another card when the dealer shows that he has a 10 or an Ace.
- In case you have a hard 12, and the dealer’s up card is 4-6, stand on the hand.
- If you hold a hard 13, a hard 14, 15, 16, and the dealer’s upcard varies from 2 to 6, stand on your hand.
- Always stand on your hand if you have a hard 17 or over.
- Always stand on a soft 20.
- Always stand on a soft 19, except when the dealer have a 6.
- If you have a soft hand of 13, 14, 15, 16, you should draw another card when the dealer’s hand consists of 4-6.
The dealer hits on soft 17
- Always hit another card when you have a 4-7 hand.
- If you have an 8-value hand, you shouldn’t hit another card if the dealer shows that he has a 5, 6 in the hand. Otherwise, draw another card.
- Hit when the dealer has a 10 or an Ace and you have a 10-value hand.
- If you have a hard 12, you should hit. However, in case the dealer’s card is 4-6, you shouldn’t hit but stand on the hand.
- If you have a hard 13, 14, 15, 16, stand on the hand when the dealer’s card is 6 or under. Otherwise, hit another card.
- If you have a hard 17, stand on the hand; but when the dealer has an Ace, you should not do that.
- Always stand on your hand when you have a hard 18 or more.
- Hit another card when you have a soft 13, 14, 15, 16 and the dealer’s card is 2-3 or 7-10 or an Ace.
- If you have a soft 17, and the dealer shows he has a card of 7-10 or an Ace, choose to hit.
- When you have a soft 18, you should stand when the dealer’s card is 2, or 7 or 8, and hit when the dealer shows that he has a 7-10 card or an Ace.
- In case you have a soft 19, stand on the hand, except when the dealer has a 6.
- Always stand when you have a soft 20 or more.
You can also refer to the blackjack chart of playing option strategies to see more about hit and stand strategies. Besides, you can also discover more about blackjack split strategies, surrender strategies, and a whole lot more to drive your gambling experience to a frenzy and win against the dealer.
Where to Play Blackjack for Real Money?
You can play blackjack for real money and win instantly at our best online casino sites. More interestingly, many generous and appealing bonuses and promotions are on board so that players can definitely add some colors to their gambling adventure.
Never forget to carefully check the casino you intend to play at by reading our reviews conducted by top experts and manually checked by hundreds of local testers. Restricted countries, accepted banking methods, generous bonuses, and so many other casino-related aspects are reviewed in an honest manner and beneficial for players.
Can Players Enjoy Blackjack for Free?
You can enjoy a bundle of free blackjack games and many other enticing casino games offered on CasinoMentor. Free online roulette, online baccarat, free online bingo and so on are available for you to immerse yourself!